Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1

I decided to start off my day with some oatmeal. I used 1/2 cup of Quaker Oats, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of Syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter protein powder.



total calories; 250
protein; 16 g
*This oatmeal protein mix was very good fuel for the run I took shortly after eating and also kept me very full.

My run burned off 252 calories so I needed to refuel! I threw some vegetables from an Organic vegetable mix from Costco into a pan and heated them up. Along with the mixed vegetables I had a side of 1/2 cup of Lima Beans.


*This meal was nice and refreshing after my run, it kept me full but not stuffed; still feeling light and ready to go.
calories; 210

A few hours later my stomach was grumbling so I decided to have 1 cut up red apple and 2 tablespoons of Organic peanut butter for a mid-day snack



*This was delicious and very satisfying to help hold me over.
calories; 280
protein; 7 g

I then went to a going away party for a friend of mine and ate some fruit, 2 crackers, and 2 shrimp. I estimated my calories to be roughly around 200 being that I stayed strong from eating any of the many, delicious, and very tempting deserts. (cup cakes, cookies, brownies, cannolis, cheesecake, etc)
*This little snack was great in holding me over until dinner

When I got back, I made myself a salad with 1/8 cup of sunflower seeds, about 20 calories worth of broccoli, and balsamic vinaigrette over a 5 mix lettuce blend. Sadly, I didn't get a snap shot of the salad before I devoured it, but I did have the time to equate out the calories.
calories; 175

Roughly an hour after my salad, I was still hungry.. so I grabbed a delicious apple and was done for the day :)

I hate apples if you couldn't tell..
calories; 100

total calories for day 1; 1,215

No comments:

Post a Comment